Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Neo sports black out, BCCI muddle & C'paul onslaught mar India revivial !!

Too long a heading; but, I guess, pretty much summarizes what had happened at Nagpur. On a Sunday, when the whole nation was praying for Indian cricket revival (and where else we can revive it, other than another dust bowl at Nagpur, the infamous stadium where a wall collapse, once killed some scores of teenagers), there was virtual black out with Neo Sports being not available. I am all for giving the biff to DD since I feel that they pretty much brow beat every other channel with the usual cry of championing the cause of masses. What will happen, if Neo sports shares the feed to DD and still need to cough up what they had assured BCCI ? I am for a free market economy and I wish that fair view is taken by everyone around.


Coming to the game, I can not go into much of a detail (since it was a black out in my area too) but from what I have read in news paper reports/net, Gangs played a different innings, where he was able to correct some of the mistakes of the past – like running quick singles, not only for himself but for his partner too. Then there was an unDravid cameo by Rahul (who can imagine him to hit one handed six over point?) and muscular blows by Dhoni. In the end, the bowlers fritted away all the advantage and nearly blew the match. The fielding was the usual, school boyish stuff with a decent score of half a dozen catches spilled (please note that I am not saying, grassed. In Nagpur ground, we have no such pretensions of green but I guess in the same ground, when they wanted, they did produce a green top in that famous match when Gangs sat down as a protest, when India played Aussies). I would not read too much into this win since the wicket was the usual Nagpur special. Let us wait and see whether any consistency can be seen from this team.

1 Comments:

Blogger Muneer Ahmad said...

can u exchange link with me my blog is Live Cricket World // Live-cricket-world.blogspot.com

you can contract me in the shout box of my site..

2:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home