Friday, August 03, 2007

Rain saves India !!

First things first. I have not been able to update the blog due to hectic traveling but now, I am back and normal service will be restored. I doubt very much, whether this blog has such an amount of readership, who will plead me to write but all the same, I know the value of blogs - people will return, if the updates are regular.

Lords Test : India was obviously saved by rain but I was tempted to add that Steve Buckenor too played a part. The LBW appeal he turned down against Sreesanth will go into history books but still not going to negate the countless ones he had handed over against India for well over a decade. That particular ball from Monty was missing the off and leg but certainly not the middle. India survived to live and fight on another day. The take aways from this game is the form of Karthik, Ganguly and to some extent Dhoni. Dhoni especially played with common sense and ensured a draw when for the umpteenth time SRT disappointed. Indian bowling was okay but their mess up on the 1st day morning almost made them loose the test. I saw a few glimpses of Kevin Pieterson's innings and my word !! what a gem it was. He could change gears effortlessly and almost won a game for England with a price less innings studded with amazing shots. The way he dismanted Kumble is a worrying sign for India. Anyway, India survived and that is what matters in the end, especially after missing out so many such close encounters in yester years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home